Boards & Commissions
Applying to Serve
View additional information such as qualifications, roles and responsibilities, and vacancies for various boards below. We encourage interested applicants to review meeting agendas, minutes, and attend a meeting. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Please note, upon submitting, your application is considered a public record. Boards marked (*) require a cover letter and resume. Interviews are sometimes required. Applying does not guarantee an appointment.
Board, Commission, and Committee Openings
The City of Framingham encourages residents to participate in local government by volunteering to serve on boards, commissions, or committees. Boards, Commissions, and Committees serve a public purpose to inform legislation, City goals and objectives, bylaws and/or ordinances. They also provide community insight to the Executive (Mayor) and Legislative (City Council) branches of government, and essentially shape the future of the community and quality of life.
Serving on a board, commission, or committee gives residents a voice in government and opportunity to contribute unique perspectives and enhance the processes of democracy.
Selection for appointment to one of our boards, committees and commissions is generally based on the following:
- A broad perspective and concern for the welfare and progress of the City
- A familiarity with the City’s history, issues and goals.
- Interest in the functions/responsibilities of the board, committee or commission sought
- City residency, in most cases
- A willingness to devote time and effort to the work of said board, committee or commission
- Balanced and diverse representation on boards, committees and commissions