If you are a sole proprietor, corporation or partnership doing business under a different name, you will need a business certificate. Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 110, Section 5
Applications must be submitted with payment to the Licensing Office, Room 203 for the following licenses before a Business Certificate will be issued. Licenses are granted after a hearing with the appropriate Licensing Authority,
- Eat-in restaurant, requires a Common Victualer's License. - Board of License Commissioners
- Car dealer or car salvage business, requires a Class I, II or III License - Board of License Commissioners
- Inn, Hotel or Motel requires an Innholder's License - Board of License Commissioners
- Lodging House requires a Lodging House License - Board of License Commissioners
- Fortune Teller requires a Fortune Teller License - Board of License Commissioners
- Taxi Company requires a Taxi Permit - City Council
- Livery Service requires a Livery License - City Council
- Second Hand, Junk or Old Metals Dealer requires a Second Hand/Junk/Old Metals License - Board of License Commissioners
- Hawker/Peddler, Transient Vendor or Solicitor requires Hawker/Peddler/Transient Vendor/Solicitor License - See FAQ regarding same.
If approved, you can present the license/permit to the City Clerk's Office, Room 105. You can apply for and be issued a Business Certificate, a copy of which must be brought to the Licensing Office, Room 213 to be filed with your application.