Insurance Claims

Effective July 1, 2013, the City of Framingham selected Travelers Insurance to be the city's insurance carrier. To file a claim that has occurred from that date forward view the Travelers Insurance Form (PDF).


  1. Complete the information and mail, email, or fax to the contact information provided on the form.
  2. Attach any additional documentation to support your claim (i.e. estimate, photo, police report, etc.), if available.
  3. Make a copy for your records. Your claim will be forwarded to the City's insurance carrier.
  4. A representative from the insurance company will be assigned and contact you.

The Mayor's Office is unable to answer questions about a submitted claim. Contact information is provided on the claim form. Insurance claims against municipalities have specific standards to determine liability, which are governed by Massachusetts General Law.

Snow Plowing Damage

Please contact the Highway Department at 508-532-6030 or file a claim on the City website. Please provide as much information as possible (i.e., location, date, time, etc.) If available, attach any additional documentation to support your claim (i.e., estimate or invoice, correspondence, narrative, photo, Police Report, etc.).