- Public Works
- Water and Sewer Billing
- Water & Sewer Senior Discount
Water & sewer Senior Discount
- Water & Sewer discount for owner-occupied 1 to 3 family dwellings
- Must be 65+ and meet income eligibility requirements
- Miscellaneous and Irrigation charges are not included
- Only residential properties are eligible for the discount program
To view the full policy, click here.
How to Apply for a Discount
First, please read the https://www.framinghamma.gov/DocumentCenter/View/30464 policy to determine if you meet the eligibility requirements
The initial application form must be submitted with all of the supporting documentation below either in person or mailed to the Water & Sewer Billing Office: 100 Western Ave, Framingham Ma, 01702
- Copy of your birth certificate, driver’s license, or passport
- Proof of adjusted gross income, i.e., most recent tax return (sensitive information may be redacted prior to submitting information)
- Proof of ownership.
A copy of the real estate tax bill with the owner(s) name must be provided. If the property is in a trust, a copy of the trust and the schedule of beneficiaries must be submitted. The owner(s) applying for the discount must be listed as the beneficiary of the trust to be considered eligible.
Existing applicants must recertify their eligibility annually prior to June 1, 2023.
- Existing applicants can now submit renewal paperwork online.
- Please read the policy to determine if you still meet the eligibility requirements. If you continue to meet the eligibility requirements, please submit a renewal application by mail, in person, or online between May 1, 2023 to June 1, 2023.
- Submit proof of ownership (a copy of the real estate tax bill with the owner(s) name must be provided. If the property is in a trust, a copy of the trust and the schedule of beneficiaries must be submitted. The owner(s) applying for the discount must be listed as the beneficiary of the trust to be considered eligible.
Need a paper copy of the application?
You can pick one up at the following locations:
- Public Works Water and Wastewater Business Office at 100 Western Avenue
- Callahan Center, 535 Union Avenue
- Main Library, 49 Lexington Street (Reference Desk)
- McAuliffe Branch Library, 746 Water Street (Reference Desk)