Yard Waste Recycling
Brush and leaves are collected separately and will be picked up on residents' regular trash/recycling collection day:
- Brush only:
Complete for the season!
- Leaf Collection:
Complete for the season!
**Curbside leaf and brush collection will be the same day as your regular trash pickup**
The Solid Waste Management Division offers two options for disposing of yard waste:
- Curbside collection during the weeks specified above.
- Drop-off at our Yard Waste Facility located on Dudley Road.
What is yard waste and brush?
- Yard waste is defined as leaves, grass, and non-woody organic garden waste only. Yard waste does not include sod, dirt, sand, gravel, or rocks.
- Brush is wood waste from bushes and trees that is less than 4 inches in diameter, and no greater than 4 feet in length.
How should I dispose of yard waste and brush at the curb?
The Solid Waste Division conducts an annual curbside collection of yard waste and brush during the spring and fall. All curbside yard waste and brush collections take place only on the weeks designated and only on your regular trash collection day for that week. A separate collection vehicle is dispatched to collect only yard waste and brush during the following designated collection weeks.
Preparing your yard waste and brush for curbside pickup:
Leaves, grass clippings, plant waste, and light trimmings too small to bundle: use paper leaf bags or reusable containers marked "yard waste." Bags and containers cannot exceed 40 pounds and 35 gallons.
Brush (sticks, twigs, branches, and shrubs): Pieces cannot exceed 4 inches in diameter and 4 feet in length. Bundle and tie with string or twine (no wire), or place in a reusable container marked "yard waste." Bundles and any yard waste or brush not conforming to these guidelines will not be collected and will be left at the curb.
Note: Yard waste in plastic bags will not be collected.
[Image of brush grindings. Text: Framingham Public Works, Yard Waste Facility, will close for the season on Sunday, December 8, 2019. Small graphic of a leaf and the Framingham DPW Logo.]
Yard Waste Facility
The Yard Waste Facility is located on Dudley Road. Permitted residents may bring yard waste such as brush, leaves, grass, and plant waste. The facility is open seasonally.
To access the yard waste facility, turn right out of the Recycling Drop-Off Center driveway, and the entrance is your first left.
HOURS OF OPERATION
The is now closed for the season. Thank you!
Fridays and Saturdays: 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Sunday: 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Residents must have a valid recycling center permit to use the yard waste facility.
- The Facility is for residential use only - no commercial loads!
Preparing Yard Waste For Drop Off
Please make sure your materials are separated by the following guidelines and placed in the appropriately marked areas:
Leaves, grass, plant waste, and small light trimmings:
- Transport in bags or containers only
- Paper bags only may be left on site
- Containers and plastic bags must be emptied and removed from the facility
Brush (branches, sticks, twigs, and shrubs):
- Must be 4 inches or less in diameter and 4 feet or shorter in length
- No logs or stumps
- Transport loose or in containers
- All containers and bags must be emptied and removed
- Dropped off as brush only when the facility is open
- Must be free of tinsel and decorations
Can I also take my kitchen scraps to the City composting site?
No. Only yard waste, leaves, grass, and brush are accepted at the City Yard Waste Drop-Off; household food waste is not accepted.
If you are interested in composting food waste at home, consider constructing or purchasing a home composting bin. Compost bins are available at the recycling center (while supplies last).
Screened composted and wood mulch are both sold in bulk quantities -$20/cubic yard or $10 to fill your 35-gallon container.
Framingham residents are welcomed to take unscreened compost for free using a vehicle with a valid recycling center permit.