- Public Works
- Sanitation Division
WHAT WE DO
- Collect refuse and recycling from over 17,000 residential dwellings with four or fewer units on a weekly basis and transport over 130,000 pounds of material for recycling or disposal every day.
- Operate the Recycling Center and Yard Waste Drop-Off Sites to allow residents to dispose of refuse, sorted recyclable materials, and yard waste.
- Perform special curbside collections including spring and fall leaf and brush collections, and Christmas tree collection.
- Hold annual events such as Household Hazardous Waste Day, Shred Fest, and Electronics Recycling Day.
Bulky item collections can no longer be scheduled at City Hall, Room 213, as the office has been relocated.
Bulky item disposals must be scheduled either online or in person at the following locations:
- DPW Operations Center, 100 Western Avenue, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- The Recycling Drop-Off Center, 255 Mt. Wayte Avenue, Thursday-Saturday, 8 a.m. - 3 p.m., and Sunday, 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
The recycling market is constantly changing; therefore, items accepted in your curbside recycling cart are subject to change. Not all items with a recycling symbol are accepted in your curbside bin. Search the Waste Wizard at the top of this page to learn how to properly dispose of items.
View information about the common items we find in recycling carts that should not be recycled here Version Options Sanitation Division Headline.
Residents can view their collection day by scrolling to their street on the list of streets in Framingham. View the list of streets.
View the following calendar and event information:
On weeks with a holiday, there will be no refuse pickup on the day of the holiday. Collection is pushed back by one day during holiday weeks.
The Recycling Drop-Off Center is located at 255 Mount Wayte Avenue. It is available to the permitted residents of Framingham.
Hours of operation:
|Thursday||8 a.m. - 3 p.m. (Recycling Only)|
|Friday||8 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|Saturday||8 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|Sunday||11 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
Recycling Made Easy
Type in your address to sign up for reminders for trash and recycling collection. Use the Waste Wizard to search items and learn how to properly dispose of them.