Recycling Made Easy
Type in your address to sign up for reminders for trash and recycling collection. Use the Waste Wizard to search items and learn how to properly dispose of them.
What We Do
- Collect refuse and recycling from over 17,000 residential dwellings with four or fewer units on a weekly basis and transport over 130,000 pounds of material for recycling or disposal every day.
- Operate the Recycling Center and Yard Waste Drop Off sites to allow residents to dispose of refuse, sorted recyclable materials, and yard waste.
- Perform special curbside collections including spring and fall leaf and brush collection, Christmas tree collection and excess cardboard.
- Hold annual events such as Household Hazardous Waste Day, Shred Fest, Electronic Recycling.
- What Can I Recycle?
- When Is My Collection Day?
- Holidays and Events
- Recycling Drop-off Center
- Recycling Cardboard
The recycling market is constantly changing; therefore, items accepted in your curbside recycling cart are subject to change. Not all items with a recycling symbol are accepted in your curbside bin. Search the Waste Wizard at the top of this page to learn how to properly dispose of items.
See our 2018-2019 mailer for two pages of information the common items we find in recycling carts that don't belong there. View the mailer.
Residents can view their collection day by scrolling to their street on the list of streets in Framingham. View the list of streets.
View the following calendar and event information:
On weeks with a holiday, there will be no refuse pickup on the day of the holiday. Collection is pushed back by one day during holiday weeks. Holidays include:
- Columbus Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Memorial Day
- MLK Day
- New Years
- Patriots Day
- Presidents' Day
- Veterans' Day
The Recycling Drop-Off Center is located at 255 Mount Wayte Avenue. It is available to the permitted residents of Framingham.
Hours of operation:
Did you know that cardboard is a valuable recycling commodity? If it can be separated from your single stream recycling, the City of Framingham can generate revenue instead of paying a disposal fee.
To take advantage of this commodity, the Public Works Department has created a bulky cardboard collection program to assist residents with recycling large amounts of cardboard. If you have excess cardboard that you can’t fit into your recycling cart, call the Sanitation Division at 508-532-6001 to schedule a pickup. Pickups will be scheduled on your regular trash day. Boxes should be broken down and left next to your trash and recycling carts.