- Public Works
- Sanitation Division
- Yard Waste Facility
Yard Waste Facility
Location and how to access:
The Yard Waste Facility is located on Dudley Road. Permitted residents may bring yard waste such as brush, leaves, grass, and plant waste. The facility is open seasonally.
To access the yard waste facility, turn right out of the Recycling Drop-Off Center driveway, and the entrance is your first left.
Hours of operation:
The Dudley Road Yard Waste facility will be opening for the season on Saturday, April 1st.
Hours of operation for the season are:
Residents will need an up-to-date Recycling Center Permit to utilize the facility. Permits are valid from July 1 through June 30
- Residents must have a valid recycling center permit to use the yard waste facility.
- The Facility is for residential use only - no commercial loads!
PREPARING YARD WASTE FOR DROP OFF
Please make sure your materials are separated by the following guidelines and placed in the appropriately marked areas:
Leaves, grass, plant waste, and small light trimmings:
- Transport in bags or containers only
- Paper bags only may be left on site
- Containers and plastic bags must be emptied and removed from the facility
Brush (branches, sticks, twigs, and shrubs):
- Must be 4 inches or less in diameter and 4 feet or shorter in length
- No logs or stumps
- Transport loose or in containers
- All containers and bags must be emptied and removed
- Dropped off as brush only when the facility is open
- Must be free of tinsel and decorations
Can I also take my kitchen scraps to the City composting site?
No. Only yard waste, leaves, grass, and brush are accepted at the City Yard Waste Drop-Off; household food waste is not accepted.
If you are interested in composting food waste at home, consider constructing or purchasing a home composting bin.
The Sanitation Division has sturdy backyard composter bins available for purchase at the Recycling Drop Off Center, 255 Mt. Wayte Ave. Bins are $25 each and are available while supplies last.
Please inquire in advance to ensure availability.
Contact the Sanitation Division at 508-532-6001 or firstname.lastname@example.org