Veterans Memorial Park is located on the corner of Concord Street and Guadalcanal Road, across the street from Framingham District Court. This park was built in 1952 to honor those who served our country. The park offers flags, walkways, plantings, shade trees, and benches to sit and observe the beautiful Victory sculpture by Emilius R. Ciampa.
The focus of this project was on renovating the lawn area and walkway, replacing benches and plantings, installing flag poles with lights, and rejuvenating the Victory statue. This project was a combined effort between resident volunteers, Framingham District Court, Framingham Police Association, and several City Departments including Facility Services, Fire Department, Police Department, Veterans Services, City Council, and Parks & Recreation.