Old South Cemetery

Location: 199 Winthrop St., Framingham, MA 01702

Old South Cemetery was constructed in 1824 and has several names, it was originally called South Cemetery or South Burying Ground and after time it is known as Old South or Old South Burying Ground. It is located in the Coburnville area of South Framingham, across the street from the St. Tarcisius Cemetery. 

The Massachusetts Historical Commission refers to this cemetery in MACRIS as FRM.805 South Burying Ground (Old).


Unfortunately, the Old South Cemetery is not on the National Register of Historic Places.

Old South is the smallest, 0.54 acres, of the three with only 129 known interred but one interred before 1700 and one between 1700 and 1749. There are Bowditches and Hemingways.