Process, Applications, Fees, and Schedules
ALL Projects require the following:
- Appropriate Application Cover Letter
- Applications completed by the applicant and / or designee
- Two original paper copies of all forms / applications that require signature
- Appropriate Application Fee (projects will be considered incomplete until fee is paid)
- Number of Paper Plans: six half size paper plans (11 x 17) - please do not provide full size plans at time of submitting an application
- Application Documentation: two Paper Copies
- One electronic copy of all materials submitted
*Please email application items for a staff review before submitting hard copies using Planning Board email: PlanningBoard@framinghamma.gov
Forms / Applications
The Planning Board reviews projects pursuant to the Building Commissioner's determination, the Framingham Zoning By-Law, the Framingham General By-Laws, and the Master Land Use Plan. Below are the Forms / Applications for the various projects pursuant to the specific regulations. Please download and fill out the applicable applications for your project listed below - if you have any questions please contact the Planning Board Office.
BEFORE starting YOUR APPLICATION, PLEASE have THE FOLLOWING FORMS filled out FIRST SO YOU DON'T FORGET!
- Appropriate Cover Letter for your application, Zoning By-Law Application Cover Letter or General By-Law Cover Letter.
- Form B: Building Commissioner's Determination (Filled out by the Building Commissioner)
- Abutter Request Form (Must be requested with the Assessor's Department)
- Form A: Zoning By-Law Application Cover Letter
- Form B: Building Commissioner's Determination
- Form D-1: Site Plan Review Permit (Major & Minor Applications)
- Form D-2: Limited Site Plan Review (Dover)
- Form D-3: Corporate Mixed-use Site Plan Review Permit
- Form D-4: Site Plan Review within the Central Business District
- Form E-1: Special Permit Only Application
- Form E-2: Special Permit for a Reduction in Off-Street Parking
- Form E-3: Special Permit for a Request for Dimensional Relief for Off-street Parking
- Form E-4: Land Disturbance & Stormwater Management
- Form E-5: Neighborhood Cluster Development
- Form E-6: Ag. Preservation & Open Space Cluster
- Form E-8: Transfer of Development Rights (TDR) - Giving Parcel
- Form F - Inclusionary Housing
- Form G: Request for Modification
- Form H: Request for an Extension of Time
Please Note: Planning Board Department Staff submits the Legal Advertisement of the proposed project to be published in the local newspaper. The Applicant is responsible for the payment of the ad to the newspaper.
Subdivision Rules & Regulations Forms / Applications
Forms for projects filing for review pursuant to the Subdivision Rules and Regulations
- Form 1: Approval Not Required (ANR) Application - Clerk Receipt
- Form 2: Approval Not Required (ANR) Application
- Community Notice Sign for Approval Not Required (ANR) Projects
- Form 3: Preliminary Subdivision Plan Application - Clerk Receipt
- Form 4: Preliminary Subdivision Plan Application
- Form 5: Definitive Subdivision Plan Application City Clerk Receipt
- Form 8: Minor Definitive Subdivision Plan Application
- Form 9: Major Definitive Subdivision Plan Application
- Designer Certificate
- Form 13 - Approval with Covenant Contract
- Form 14 - Release of Restrictions
- Form 15A - Performance Cash Bond Agreement
- Form 15B - Subdivision Performance Agreement
Pursuant to the Rules and Regulations of the Framingham Planning Board, Article: 14 Regulations Governing Fees and Fees Schedules - all projects shall be required to submit the appropriate application fee prior to review by the Planning Board.
Timeline and Submittal Schedule
- 2021 Planning Board and TRT Schedule
- Technical Review Team (TRT) Meeting - The TRT consists of Planning Board Staff and other department staff which meet with applicants as needed typically on a monthly basis to further review project details and to present any questions or recommendation.
- Planning Board Application and Public Hearing Submittal – The Planning Board meets typically twice per month on Thursday evenings. New Applications and supporting materials need to be submitted to the Planning Board Office by the posted deadlines in order to meet legal advertisement deadlines.