Process, Applications, Fees, and Schedules
The Planning Board has worked hard to create a simple, transparent, and efficient project review process. The information provided on this page is intended to publicly share all the necessary documentation needed by an applicant prior to submitting a project for review to the Planning Board. If at any point questions arise please contact the Planning Board Office via email, phone, and / or by stopping into the office.
Projects require the following:
- Building Commissioners project review and determination (Form B)
- Application Applications completed by the applicant and / or designee
- Two original paper copies of all forms / applications that require signature
- Appropriate Application Fee (projects will be considered incomplete until fee is paid)
- Certified Abutters List from the Assessor's Office (except for Approval Not Required projects)
- Payment of Legal Advertisement (the Planning Board Office submits the Legal Advertisement to the local newspaper - the Applicant is required to pay for the Legal Advertisement)
- Number of Paper Plans: two Full Size Paper Plans and six Half Size Paper Plans (11 by 17)
- Application Documentation: two Paper Copies
- One electronic copy of all materials submitted
Forms / Applications
The Planning Board reviews projects pursuant to the Building Commissioner's determination, the Framingham Zoning By-Law, the Framingham General By-Laws, and the Master Land Use Plan. Below are the Forms / Applications for the various projects pursuant to the specific regulations. Please download and fill out the applicable applications for your project listed below - if you have any questions please contact the Planning Board Office.
- Form A: Zoning By-Law Application Cover Letter (PDF)
- Form E-1: Site Plan Review (Major & Minor Applications) (PDF)
- Form E-2: Limited Site Plan Review (Dover) (PDF)
- Form F: Central Business District Site Plan Review (PDF)
- Form G: Request for Modification (PDF)
- Form I: Special Permit (PDF)
- Form J: Special Permit Land Disturbance and Stormwater Management (PDF)
- Form M: Request for an Extension of Time (PDF)
- Form O: Transfer of Development Rights (Giving Parcel) (PDF)
Subdivision Rules & Regulations Forms / Applications
Forms for projects filing for review pursuant to the Subdivision Rules and Regulations
- Approval Not Required (ANR)
- Preliminary Subdivision Plan Projects
- Definitive Subdivision Plan Projects
Pursuant to the Rules and Regulations of the Framingham Planning Board, Article: 14 Regulations Governing Fees and Fees Schedules - all projects shall be required to submit the appropriate application fee prior to review by the Planning Board.
Timeline and Submittal Schedule
- Pre-Technical Review Team (TRT) Meeting - The TRT meets on a bi-weekly basis on the first and third Wednesday per month. Project information and/or site plans are required to be submitted one week prior to the desired pre-TRT meeting.
- Planning Board Application and Public Hearing Submittal – The Planning Board meets three to four times per month, click here for a prospective Planning Board meeting agenda. New Applications and supporting materials need to be submitted to the Planning Board Office by Wednesday, three weeks prior to the desired public hearing (for example, if a project would like to be on the October 25, 2018 agenda, documents need to be submitted to the Planning Board Office no later than 5:00pm on October 3, 2018).
- New Information for a Project in the Public Hearing Process – New information for a project under review by the Planning Board needs to be submitted no later than Friday prior to the desired meeting (for example, projects on the October 25, 2018 Planning Board Agenda need to be submitted to the Planning board Office no later than October 19, 2018 at noon).