Framingham has a wide array of lessons and activities available for adults and children through the Parks and Recreation Department. The Parks and Recreation Department also oversees the city's beaches, parks, and playgrounds.
Framingham has many organized sports leagues for both children and adults:
- Babe Ruth Baseball League
- Framingham Flyer Youth Lacrosse
- Framingham Girls Fastpitch Softball
- Framingham Little-Big League
- Framingham United Soccer Club
- Framingham Youth Football and Cheerleading
- Framingham Youth Hockey
- Greater Framingham Running Club
There are also many sports programs available through the Parks and Recreation Department
The Framingham Conservation Commission owns and maintains over 400 acres of protected land throughout Framingham.
Some parcels of land are small, but there are 6 parcels of land that are large enough to have trails. These are:
Framingham has 3 city-owned beaches open to the public for swimming which are staffed from mid-June to mid-August:
- Learned Pond; located on lower Shawmut Terrace
- Saxonville Beach; located on Lake Road
- Waushakum; located on Nipmuc Road
Information on beach permits can be found online.
There are 26 playgrounds with equipment located throughout Framingham. A complete list, with locations, can be found on the Parks and Recreation Department page.