- Doing Business
- Planning & Community Development
- Planning Board
- Marijuana Regulation
Thank you for your interest in marijuana establishments and/or Registered Marijuana Dispensaries (RMD) in the City of Framingham. This webpage has been developed to provide information and to serve as a guide for the better understanding of the regulation, permitting, and agreement process within the City for marijuana establishments and Registered Marijuana Dispensary (RMD).
At this time, The City of Framingham is NOT accepting applications for new marijuana retail establishments.
- Policy on Host Community Agreements for Marijuana Establishments and Registered Marijuana Dispensaries
- Framingham Zoning Ordinances or Summary Zoning Regulations
- Framingham General Ordinances
- Framingham General Ordinances, Article VIII Marijuana Establishments
- Framingham General Ordinances, Article V Health
- Framingham Zoning Map
- Regulation of the Framingham Board of Health Regulating the Sale of Medical Marijuana (2015)
- Regulation to Ensure the Sanitary and Safe Operation of Adult-use Marijuana Establishments and the Sale of Adult-use Marijuana (2018) @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Marijuana Advisory Team (MAT) Application
The Marijuana Advisory Team (MAT) serves as the reviewing authority of all HCA applications from marijuana establishments and RMDs. The MAT Application must be filed electronically prior to the scheduling of a meeting.
The MAT Application is available online through the MAT Application Portal. Please click here Version OptionsMarijuana Regulation Headline to access the MAT Application.
The MAT is presently not accepting MAT Applications for marijuana retail establishments at this time. The City is limited to eight (8) Host Community Agreements (HCA) pursuant to the Framingham General By-Laws. The Mayor has extended eight (8) invitations to negotiate HCAs for marijuana retail establishments. If anything changes this msg. will be updated.
For marijuana establishments and/or RMDs looking for a Host Community Agreement (HCA) with the City, below is a summary of the process that should be followed. Please click on the image below to enlarge.
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions is intended to provide basic information on the City of Framingham’s requirements for obtaining a Host Community Agreement (HCA), questions about marijuana establishment or medical marijuana treatment center/ Registered Marijuana Dispensaries (RMD), and other important information. To access the FAQ please click here Version Options
Additional Cannabis Control Commission FAQ can be found at their website: CLICK HERE Version Options Marijuana Regulation Headline.