This was designed to provide updated and accurate information to the members and beneficiaries of the City of Framingham Retirement System. This information is not intended as a substitute for the Massachusetts General Laws (MGL) nor will its interpretation prevail should a conflict arise between its contents and MGL Chapter 32. Rules governing retirement benefits are subject to change periodically either by the statute of the Massachusetts Legislature or by the Framingham Retirement Board.
Important News / Notice of Election
To Members and Retirees of the Framingham Retirement System
- Purpose: to elect a member of the Framingham Retirement Board in accordance with the provisions of m.g.l. Chapter 32, 840 cmr 7.00
- Term of office: December 18, 2023, through December 17, 2026
- Candidates: members in service and retirees of the Framingham Retirement System
- Nomination papers: Any member or retiree of the Framingham Retirement System may qualify as a candidate by filing with the Framingham Retirement office a nomination paper or papers containing the signatures and addresses of at least twenty (20) members or retirees of the Framingham Retirement System
Nomination papers: Available on or after August 16, 2023
May be obtained at: Framingham Retirement Office / 150 Concord Street, room B-31 Framingham, MA 01702
The last day to submit nomination papers is: Friday, September 29, 2023
Ballots: If more than two (2) candidates are nominated, the board will send an official election ballot to all members and retirees of the Framingham Retirement System. these ballots will be due back no later than 5:00 pm on Tuesday, November 14, 2023.
If you have any questions concerning this election, please contact the Framingham Retirement Board at (508) 532-5465
- Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 32
- Public Employee Retirement Administration Commission (PERAC)
- Public Employee Retirement Guide
- Reports (PERAC)
- Retirement Board Meeting Agendas
- Your Retirement Account
- Notice of Election @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
The City of Framingham Retirement System is one of 104 contributory retirement systems for public employees within the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. All 104 systems, although operating independently are bound together under one uniform retirement law, Chapter 32 of the Massachusetts General Laws. Chapter 32 establishes benefits contributions requirements, accounting, and funding structure for the system. The Public Employee Retirement Administration Commission (PERAC) created by Chapter 306 of Acts of 1996 oversees these systems and ensures all board actions in compliance with Chapter 32.
Each system is governed by a retirement board. It is the responsibility of the Retirement Board to administer, in accordance with the law, the retirement system and provide a comprehensive explanation of rights, benefits, and regulations regarding retirement to all employees of the City of Framingham (excluding teachers), the Framingham Housing Authority and the MetroWest Regional Transit Authority (MWRTA). The City of Framingham Retirement Board consists of five members.
|Retirement Board Members||
Term End Date
|Peter J. Rovinelli||Vice Chairperson||June 30, 2025|
|Joseph A. Fonseca||Member
||December 17, 2023|
|John W. White Jr.||Member||January 15, 2024|
|Louise L.I. Miller||Member||Undefined|