The mission of the Building Department is to provide knowledge and service regarding local, state, and federal codes and standards in a manner which supports our commitment to the safety of our public and to the integrity of the department. We willingly participate in programs of continuing education to keep our staff informed of the latest technology and requirements within the building trades industry as well as customer service and computer literacy.
The Inspectional Services Division consists of:
- Building Department
- Code and Nuisance Enforcement
- Electrical Permits and Inspections
- Plumbing and Gas Permits and Inspections
- Sign regulations
- Weights and Measures
- Zoning Enforcement
Check web page for inspector contact information
Our phone system has changed. You can now contact the inspectors through their direct line. Please note their office hours are still between the hours of 8:30 - 9:30 a.m. Monday through Friday and 4 - 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
- Michael Giargiari, Electrical Inspector
- Mark Shahood, Plumbing Inspector
- Jim Murphy, Building Inspector
- Scott Mcdonald, Building Inspector Phone: 508-532-6175
For all other inquiries please use our mainline by calling 508-532-5500.