September 29, 2020 - Loring Arena is currently open to rental groups only. All participants must follow the 2020-2021 COVID-19 Management Plan below.
The City of Framingham is taking action to minimize exposure to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) in our public spaces throughout our community. We are following the safety recommendations as outlined in the State of Emergency declaration by Governor Charlie Baker and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
To receive notifications of City updates please go to www.Framinghamma.gov and subscribe to NOTIFY ME.
- Face Masks must be worn by EVERYONE.
- Front of the building is ENTRANCE ONLY.
- Back of the building is EXIT ONLY.
- Contact Tracing form MUST be filled out by EVERYONE. Forms can be accessed by scanning the QR Code posted at the entrance of the building. Once you scan the QR Code with your smartphone, you must complete the form and SUBMIT it electronically. Blank forms will also be available at the entrance, if needed.
- Players must arrive no more than 15 minutes prior to game time and must leave the building within 15 minutes of end of game.
- No access to showers or locker rooms.
- All Players MUST arrive dressed.
- HOME TEAM is to proceed to the right of the ice surface and use the designated benches to put skates on. Then proceed, with all equipment bags, to the appropriate players bench. EXIT through the back of the building.
- The VISITORS TEAM is to proceed to the left of the ice surface and use the designated benches to put skates on. Then proceed, with all equipment bags, to the appropriate players bench. EXIT through the back of the building.
- No access to upstairs viewing area.
- Spectators must exit the lobby area and proceed to the last section of bleachers for viewing. This area is marked out for use.
- Spectators must wait until all players have entered the ice or left the building before proceeding to the bleachers.
- No Stick Time or Public Skating until further notice.
- Anyone who receives a positive test for COVID-19 must report to their rental group organizer/organization. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
History of the Facility
Loring Arena is the City of Framingham owned skating facility, operated by the Division of Parks Recreation and Cultural Affairs. Loring opened in November of 1963 as a seasonally operated facility, and one of the first municipally owned arenas in the area. Funding for Loring is a combination of City appropriations and user fees. It is managed toward the mission statement below.
It is the mission of Loring Arena (and everyone associated with the arena) to contribute to the overall recreational program of the City of Framingham, by providing for the varied skating needs of the community. It is our goal to have Loring Arena serve as a source of pride to the community, while passing on as little cost to the City as possible.
Using the Arena
Currently Loring Arena provides safe, stable and reliable skating services to area residents with regularly scheduled public skating and public stick time that is open to all. In addition, the arena supports multiple local user groups including Framingham Youth Hockey, Framingham High School boys and girls hockey, Framingham Middle School boys and girls hockey, Framingham Parks and Recreation programs, Holliston High School Hockey, Framingham State College Hockey, Ashland High School Hockey, and multiple user groups. Loring has also been a venue for MIAA Hockey Tournaments. Ice time is scheduled to maximally achieve the mission statement and provide a balance among the many skating interests. All ice usage must be permitted through the Loring Arena Business Office, 508-532-5951.