Who is responsible for my sewer service?

The property owner is responsible for the entire length of their sewer service from their house to the sewer main. Any manholes that are along this private service are considered part of that private way and must be maintained by the property owner as well. If you are in need of a drain cleaning you can look under Plumbing – Drain & Waste Line Cleaning for some possible providers of this service. If you are in need of a sewer repair/replacement, you can click on the link to see our list of Licensed Drainlayer’s.

Licensed Drainlayer's List

Show All Answers

1. Where can I find a list of the City of Framingham's licensed drainlayers?
2. What do I do if I see sewage in my house, yard, or street?
3. Who is responsible for my sewer service?
4. How do I know if I have a sewer blockage?
5. How can I protect myself from sewer blockages?
6. What is OK to flush down my toilet?
7. What is NOT ok to put in the sewer system?
8. Can I sump pump flood water into the sewer?
9. What do I do if a City manhole cover is making noise or visibly damaged?
10. Am I allowed to open a manhole cover myself?