Veterans Benefits and Services
Room 11, 150 Concord Street
Framingham, MA 01702
Tel: (508)-532-5515/Fax (508)-532-5497
Documents and information required to apply for Veterans Benefits and Aid 1.
- Military Discharge paper: Department of Defense form, DD214 or equivalent
- Marriage*/Divorce Records and or Death Certificates
- Children’s Birth certificates/Adoption Records are only needed when: a. Child less than 19 years of age b. Child less than 23 years old attending School of Higher Learning c. Handicapped dependent Adult Child living with veteran: Disabled before child’s 18th birthday.
- Income verification; pay stubs, VA pension, SS, SSDI, SSI, SSP, retirement, strike benefits, workman’s compensation, unemployment or any other income.
- Housing Receipts a. Rental Lease must be noted that unit is heated or unheated. b. Mortgage receipts (principle, interest, taxes and home owners insurance)
- Life insurance; accounts number, amount, premium, beneficiary
- Medical insurance; plan and account number, receipts for payment, Poof i.e. Medical Insurance card with bills.
- List of all bills owed and monthly payments. This includes, but is not limited to, Heating, credit cards, car and student loans
- Bank account or Direct Express card statements for last three (3) months this includes, 401K, Savings Bonds, money market accounts, Certificates of Deposit (CD), IRA, stock dividends and mutual funds.
- Vehicles registrations for all cars in household.
- If employable: Proof of Registration with Mass D.E.T.
- If unable to work, medical documentation must be provided i.e. Doctor’s letter that clearly states reason for and the expected duration of incapacitation. Note: * Married veterans must provide documents and information for their spouses as well as for themselves Assets limits: Single person: $5,000 in “liquid assets” Married Couple: $9,800 in “liquid assets” Income Guidelines for Chapter 115 Benefits: Incomes must be less than or equal to amounts shown: Ordinary Benefits: $1,430-$1,750 (Single), or $1,673-$2,313 (Married) . Medical Only Benefit: $1,962 (Single), or $2,655 (Married) Impacting factors include: age, if paying for heat, shelter and medical expenses.