All Framingham Police Officers are hired through a civil service process, and are chosen from a civil service list. To be listed all Applicants must take a Civil Service Exam, and your score will determine your ranking and placement on the Civil Service List. Priority is also given to Framingham residents in the application process. YOU ARE NOT LIKELY TO BE HIRED AS A FRAMINGHAM POLICE DEPARTMENT EMPLOYEE IF:
- Your work history shows a pattern of poor performance, discourtesy, unexcused absences, discipline, or discharge.
- Your personal life shows a history of poor judgment and refusal to confront problems.
- Your traffic record shows a continuing and recent pattern of poor decision making.
- You have recently or are currently misrepresenting yourself or ignoring any laws.
- People who know you have doubts about your honesty or character. Applicants are also informed that your current employment as a police officer at another police agency does not guarantee success in our process. Each case will be considered on an individual basis, taking into account the unique circumstances of each applicant. We seek to hire only those applicants who meet the high standards set by the Framingham Police Department; presently the applicant failure rate for positions in our agency is approximately 76%.