FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 5/23/2023
For further information, contact:
Susan Scully Petroni
City of Framingham Public Information Officer
City of Framingham seeking applicants
for seat on Planning Board
FRAMINGHAM – The City of Framingham is seeking applicants to fill a seat on the 5-member Planning Board.
The Planning Board:
- Reviews Site Plan Review, Special Permit, Approval Not Required (ANR), Preliminary Subdivision, Definitive Subdivision, Scenic Roadway Modification, Public Way Access Permit applications that have been submitted for review by a landowner or developer
- Maintains, reviews, and updates the Master Land Use Plan, Subdivision Rules and Regulations, and Zoning By-Laws, in addition to other land-use plans
- Develops planning studies related to land use, transportation, housing, and economic development
Although there is no one specific set of skills required for members of the Planning Board, those seeking membership should possess a diverse background that demonstrates experience in land use activities in addition to at a minimum, basic knowledge of zoning by-laws and land use policies and the application thereof.
Planning Board members also should have
- Working knowledge of Massachusetts General Law (M.G.L.)
- Understanding of construction, engineering, architecture, zoning, permitting, and/or land-use policies
- Members should be invested in the development and redevelopment of Framingham to ensure proper growth occurs by employing best practices in land use policies and zoning ordinances, provide a variety of housing options, work collaboratively with landowners and business owners on land use proposals and applications while maintaining a balance that provides for the preservation of open space and recreational opportunities.
At this time, the Planning Board meets on Thursday evenings and typically meets at least twice a month. Sometimes the Board meets more frequently.
To apply for one of the seats on the Framingham Planning Board, click here.
The deadline to apply is Wednesday, June 14, 2023.
Questions about the Committee can be directed to Framingham Citizen Participation Officer Heather Gutierrez at email@example.com or by calling 508-532-5510.