Special Event permits (Social, Cultural, Religious, Community)


  • Permit requests must be submitted by a Framingham resident or organization.
  • Please submit your Special Event Permit Request at least 4 weeks prior to the event date. 
  • Parks & Recreation Department will schedule Special Events in areas deemed suitable by the department's professional staff.
  • Special Events that include the use of tents or canopies, catering/food service, bounce houses, etc., may require additional permits and/or proof of liability insurance. 
  •  Services that may require a small fee: Electricity use, key deposits (returnable), parking attendants, portable restrooms, etc.
  • Special Event requests may require follow-up meetings with the Parks and Recreation professional staff.
  • The Parks and Recreation Department may require sponsors of unique or unusual events to possess previous experience or demonstrated abilities to competently administer requested events.
  • Special Event Permit Request Form (PDF) may require a security deposit.
  • Ceremonial, religious, and cultural gatherings are scheduled in the Farm Pond Amphitheater area only.
  • Alcohol is not permitted at any City of Framingham Parks & Recreation property.

Requests can be sent to:
Parks and Recreation Department
475 Union Avenue
Framingham, MA 01702

Attn: Permit requests

Or you can email your request using the link below.
Email Field Requests