Applicants/Consultants - DEP’s COVID- 19 guidance to Con Coms issued on March 28, 2021: CLICK HERE

Filing Guidelines

Most homeowners working near wetlands will have to file 1 of 2 kinds of applications. If you have any questions whether you have a minor or major project and which permit you should apply for, give us a call at 508-532-5460 or email

  • Request for Determination of Applicability (RDA)
    This is for minor projects entirely in the Buffer Zones that will have little or no impact on the Wetland Resource Area. It is the simplest and least expensive permit application procedure, one most homeowners can fill out on their own Request for Determination of Applicability. This results are in a Determination of Applicability (DOA) permit. The filing fee for a RDA is $100. Use the RDA Applicant Checklist (PDF) as a guide when completing your application. 
  • Notice of Intent (NOI)
    This is for large projects that involve soil disturbances, either in the buffer zone or in a Wetland Resource Area. This is a more detailed permit application that may require professionally engineered plans and results in an Order of Conditions (OOC) permit. No spiral bound or plastic bound applications, please! To determine your filing fee, view the Filing Fee Worksheet (PDF). Use the NOI Applicant Checklist (PDF) as a guide when completing your application.