ABOUT TEAM FRAMINGHAM
Each year, the Team Framingham Steering Committee holds a random drawing lottery to select a pre-determined number of charities and runners who are Framingham residents, city or school employees to participate in the Boston Marathon as part of Team Framingham. The application period for both charities and runners for the April 2022 Boston Marathon opens on Monday, October 25, 2021 and will close at 4:00 PM on Friday, November 19, 2021. The random lottery drawing for both runner and charity applicants will be held in early December, time and date to be announced.
- The Team Framingham program is overseen by a city-appointed Steering Committee.
- The Steering Committee allocates all of the invitational entries for the 2022 Boston Marathon provided to Framingham through the Boston Athletic Association (BAA) Host Community Program via random selection lottery.
- Framingham residents or employees of the City of Framingham and Framingham Public Schools, Keefe Technical School and the McAuliffe Charter School are generally eligible to apply for the lottery. Former Framingham employees who retired from service to Framingham within the last 10 years, with a minimum of 5 years of service, are generally eligible to submit applications.
- There will be a finite number of Framingham-focused 501(c)(3) organizations selected by random drawing following an application process. Runners selected in the lottery will be required to choose one of the selected organizations to benefit from their fundraising.
- Runners selected in the lottery will commit to a fundraising goal of $4,000 and a minimum obligation of $2,000 for 2022. The fundraising goal and minimum obligation may be increased from year to year.
- A runner who fails to reach the minimum fundraising obligation will not be eligible to participate in the lottery in the future.
- The Team Framingham Steering Committee will encourage runners selected to get connected to a marathon training mentor and to participate in periodic team meetings that focus on training and fundraising techniques.
Please direct questions to TeamFraminghamMarathon@gmail.com
Come run with us!