Selling Property

Final Meter Reading

If you are selling a home in Framingham, contact us to request a final meter read. The final bill will state how much money is owed on that account as of the final read date. If this process is not completed, the new homeowner will inherit the water and sewer bill from the previous owner. Please see the final bill procedures.

If you are selling a home in Framingham, you will need to fill out a final read request form.

Scheduling a Final Read Appointment

To schedule an appointment for a final read, please contact the Water and Sewer Billing Office at 508-532-5605 during office hours.

Liens & Sales Procedures

When purchasing a piece of property, it is important that all matters regarding outstanding water and sewer charges to the property be finalized with the seller of the property. To ensure that no unpaid charges are passed onto a property buyer, a lien certificate should be requested from the Treasurer's office. The certificate lists any unpaid balances on the property and should be presented at the closing.

To obtain a lien certificate, please contact the Treasurer’s office at 508-532-5430.