Acceptable Items: Recyclables, Bulky Items, Universal/Mercury Waste
Recyclables are separated by the following types:
Flattened, clean, and dry corrugated cardboard. Remove all packing materials including foam and shrink wrap.
Note: No pizza boxes, packing material, soiled cardboard, or waxed cardboard
Paper & Paperboard
Office paper, newspaper, magazines, catalogs, phone books, clean paper bags, junk mail, envelopes, brochures paperboard (cereal boxes, shoe boxes), paper egg cartons, frozen food, and soda boxes
Note: No plastic coated paper, tissues, napkins, paper towels, cups, plates, sandwich/food wrap, and/ or soiled paper.
Glass Bottles & Jars
Beverage bottles and food jars (all colors and sizes) - empty and rinsed.
Note: No aquariums, dishes or ceramics, drinking glasses, eyeglasses, light bulbs, windows, or mirrors.
Metal Food Containers
Steel / tin / aluminum cans and lids; aluminum pie plates - empty and clean
Note: No aerosol cans, paint cans, gas/chemical cans, pots and pans, or scrap metal
Bulky Metal Drop-off
White goods without Freon (washer, dryer, microwave, etc.), small engine tools (must be drained of all fluids), pots and pans, hand tools, bicycles, metal furniture (file cabinet, table, chairs, etc.), scrap metal, and grills.
Note: No gas / chemical cans, propane tanks, or paint cans.
Rigid Plastics Drop-off
Buckets, milk crates, bread trays, chairs, toys, playground equipment, flower pots (no soil), old recycling bins, and trash barrels (empty).
Note: No flexible hosing, tarps, gas/chemical containers, fiberglass, PVC, vinyl (siding, shutters, windows, etc.)
Inkjet & Toner Cartridges
(at the Info Shack)
Foam (Polystyrene) Packaging
- Rigid #6 expanded polystyrene (EPS) foam packaging and foam coolers;
- Foam peanuts - must be bagged separately
Donate the Following for Reuse:
- Clothes, linens, blankets, belts, and shoes (in good condition for donation)
- Hardback and soft cover books, encyclopedias, text books; DVDs, CDs, LPs/records, video cassettes (in good condition for reuse)
- Eyeglasses (at the Info Shack)
Bulky Items Accepted
| Metal items (non-freon-containing) and white goods
| Tires (With or without rims)
| Propane tanks
| Softgood / Bulky Items greater than 40 pounds
| Freon-containing items (refrigerators / freezers, air conditioners, or dehumidifiers)
| Cathode-Ray Tube (CRT – televisions or computer monitors)
| Sleeper sofas and carpeting greater than 4'x6'
niversal Waste / Mercury Waste
Universal Waste - Bring to the recycling center during open hours for free recycling / disposal:
- Batteries - lead acid, rechargeable, Ni-Cd, Lithium ion, mercury button batteries
- Fluorescent light bulbs (all sizes/shapes)
- Non-PCB light ballasts
- Mercury - thermostats, thermometers, etc.
- Motor oil (in bottle with screw cap)
- Oil filters
Additional Options For Recycling Universal Waste
- Mercury thermostats and thermometers: Public Works office, Room 213 in the Memorial Building (150 Concord Street)
- Rechargeable batteries and mercury button batteries: Public Works office, Room 213 in the Memorial Building (150 Concord Street)
- Inkject / toner cartridges: Public Works Office, Room 213 in the Memorial Building (150 Concord Street)