What We Do:
- Collect refuse and recycling from over 17,000 residential dwellings with four or fewer units on a weekly basis and transport over 130,000 pounds of material for recycling or disposal every day.
- Operate the Recycling Center and Yard Waste Drop Off sites to allow residents to dispose of refuse, sorted recyclable materials, and yard waste.
- Perform special curbside collections including spring and fall leaf and brush collection, Christmas tree collection
- Hold annual events such as Household Hazardous Waste Day, Shred Fest, Electronic Recycling.
Click on the links below to view calendar and event information.
- 2018 Sanitation Calendar
- Note the sanitation calendar only reflects the originally scheduled dates for collection in 2018. The special brush collection beginning May 7 will continue longer than just one week and is not aligned with residents' trash/recycling collection day.
- Simple Recycling - 2018
- Electronics Recycling Day, June 13, 2018
Refuse and Recycling Collection is Not Collected on Observed Holidays
On weeks with a holiday, there will be no refuse pickup on the day of the holiday. Collection is pushed back by one day during holiday weeks.
Holidays include New Years, MLK Day, Presidents' Day, Patriots Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veterans' Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
Automated Refuse and Recycling Collection
In July 2016, the Public Works Department began collecting both trash and recycling on a weekly basis, using only in-house resources. The City utilizes automated trucks to collect refuse and recycling then transport material for disposal. Remember carts are the property of the City of Framingham and must remain at the property should you move. If your cart has been damaged, contact the Sanitation Division at 508-532-6001.
Did you know that cardboard is a valuable recycling commodity? If it can be separated from your single stream recycling, the City of Framingham can generate revenue instead of paying a disposal fee.
To take advantage of this commodity, the Public Works Department has created a bulky cardboard collection program to assist residents with recycling large amounts of cardboard. If you have excess cardboard that you can’t fit into your recycling cart, call the Sanitation Division at 508-532-6001 to schedule a pickup. Pickups will be scheduled on your regular trash day. Boxes should be broken down and left next to your trash and recycling carts.